- Who We Are
- Grants & Grantees
How To Apply
The SCAN Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of a sustainable continuum of care for seniors. We see tremendous opportunities to make a meaningful difference in the way long-term services and supports are financed and delivered, which include: elevating the establishment of a comprehensive continuum of care for seniors as a national priority, advancing realistic state and federal policy options, and through the expansion of promising program models.
Prior to starting an application, please review the following legal and eligibility requirements:
A nonprofit organization applying for grant consideration must be able to demonstrate that it has been recognized as exempt from federal income taxes by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by virtue of being described in Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), without regard to whether it is classified as a “public charity” or as a “private foundation,” under Section 509(a) of the IRC. Government and public agencies are also eligible for funding. The following specifies the appropriate documentation that should be submitted if your organization’s exemption status is based on recognition as a Section 501 (c) (3) organizations:
- Exempt Status: Provide a current tax exemption status letter, or final determination letter, from the IRS along with your application materials.
- Government entities or public universities: Please provide a copy of the statute or enabling legislation establishing your organization.
- City or county: Please forward a copy of the statute, or city or county charter, establishing the city or county.
- DBA (doing business as or fictitious) name: If you wish your grant to be issued in a DBA name, you must forward a copy of your DBA or fictitious name certification to The SCAN Foundation along with your application.
- Fiscal sponsorship: If your organization is a legal entity and you are applying for a grant utilizing a fiscal sponsor; please supply a copy of your Letter of Understanding or Memorandum of Understanding, or Agreement, between the fiscal sponsor as well as their tax exemption status documentation.
General eligibility guidelines for receiving funding from The SCAN Foundation include the following:
- Non-profit organizations with a 501(c) (3) designation
- Local and State Governments
- Universities and Colleges with 501(c) (3) designation