- Who We Are
- Grants & Grantees
What We Fund
The SCAN Foundation provides funding to organizations that work to improve the lives of older adults by transforming care delivery and financing toward a more person-centered system that integrates medical care with supportive services. Our funding strategy is rooted in the following principles:
- Establishing a unique role that no other foundation is playing;
- Leveraging our resources by collaborating with other foundations;
- Concentrating on a limited number of strategic priorities, and commissioning much of the work we support;
- Maintaining a long-term perspective;
- Measuring our funding priorities and the steps to reach them; and
- Ensuring we are able to respond quickly to unanticipated opportunities to advance our mission.
Our work is divided into three funding priorities:
The SCAN Foundation highly values the diversity of California's communities and residents, and embraces differences in gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, ability, sexual orientation, veteran and family status, economic status and geographic setting. The Foundation is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion as employer, grant maker, economic entity and community member.