Governor Newsom’s 2023-24 proposed budget focuses on housing, workforce issues, economic security, and other initiatives that impact older adults and people with disabilities. Learn how the proposed budget maintains key investments in the state’s Master Plan for Aging (MPA).
News on transforming care for older adults
Tagged in: `budget`
Recent analyses by NORC at the University of Chicago explored the financial challenges likely faced by middle-income older adults in California and nationally by 2033. Watch the related California-focused discussion that builds on NORC’s findings. Also, read our fact sheet, highlighting key investments within the California state budget.
- You welcomed Dr. Sarita A. Mohanty as our new President and CEO one year ago.
- You learned about of our successes, projects, and ongoing work in our 2020 Annual Report.
- You explored our 2021 virtual Forum agenda and checked out our annual Innovation Award. You can still catch up on the recordings, get all the materials, and learn more about our 2021 awardee.
- You tracked the historic progress of California’s Master Plan for Aging and learned how other states are charting their own course.
- Finally, you trusted us to unpack how California’s 2021-22 Budget and Home- and Community-Based Spending Plan are impacting older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers.
Enacted on July 12, California’s 2021-22 budget addresses longstanding system challenges impacting older adults, people with disabilities, and family caregivers. Read our fact sheet to learn about key investments to support implementation of the Master Plan for Aging and California’s Home- and Community-Based Spending Plan.
The California Collaborative for Long Term Services and Supports (CCLTSS) and Regional Coalitions advocate to transform care for older adults and people with disabilities, including support for the Master Plan for Aging.
- Read a blog highlighting recent Senior Advocacy Day activities.
- Attend local forums across the state to learn more about the Master Plan for Aging.
- Visit the CCLTSS Master Plan for Aging legislation tracker.