We partner with UC Berkeley’s Investigative Reporting Program to build awareness on aging in America and elevate how myriad sectors affect the lives of older adults. See the latest coverage below.
News on transforming care for older adults
Tagged in: `innovation`
In 2020, TSF acknowledged the depth of disruptive change, focused on resiliency through creativity, and remained committed to its mission. Read our annual report.
The TSF 2021 Innovation Award seeks to recognize organizations that engage older adults in developing and crafting products and services for older Californians. Learn more and apply by July 15!
The TSF 2021 Innovation Award recognizes organizations that embrace the principles of human-centered design to improve the lives of older adults in California. These could include a range of contributions, such as:
- Research with older adults to better understand their needs, wants, and preferences;
- Ideation and iteration with older adults in product, program, or service design
Learn more about the 2021 Innovation Award and apply today!
Apply now for the The John A. Hartford Foundation 2021 Business Innovation Award. The award recognizes community-based organizations for their strategic partnerships with health care entities serving older adults and people with disabilities. Nominations due by May 14, 2021.
A new analysis from ATI Advisory and the Long-Term Quality Alliance (LTQA) shows that more Medicare Advantage plans are offering Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (SSBCI) and with wider availability. Learn more about ways to advance new nonmedical supplemental benefits in Medicare:
- Explore a new data brief and chartbook on Medicare Advantage plan offerings in 2021.
- Hear new insights on opportunities for policymakers.
- Watch Part 1 and Part 2 of a webinar series and review the slides.
- Read the Roadmap for plan considerations and policy opportunities.
The field of complex care is creating models and innovative approaches to better serve people with complex care needs. Grantmakers in Aging released Creating New Connections: How Philanthropy Can Support Better Care for People with Complex Health and Social Needs, which summarizes key issues and includes case studies for funders to deepen their work.
Register now for our 2020 Forum: Honoring the Journey of Growing Older on October 19-20! It will include livestream plenaries, breakout sessions, performances, and more. Materials for our sessions are now available in the Forum Lobby.
- Wondering if you have time to join us? Check out our detailed agenda and read our attendee frequently asked questions.
- Use the Forum App to network and receive helpful notifications throughout the two-day event. Search for “The SCAN Foundation Forum” in the App store (Apple or Android) and select “Download.” The Forum App is totally free! You will need to log in using the email address you used to register for the Forum and sign up for notifications.
Our virtual lobby is now open for our 2020 Forum: Honoring the Journey of Growing Older! The two-day event, October 19-20, will include livestream plenaries, breakout sessions, performances, and more.
TSF recently created Alive Ventures, a venture studio to reshape the innovation landscape for older adults by helping them live, work, and love better.
- Read a new Wall Street Journal article highlighting Alive Ventures.
- Using a co-design process, Alive Ventures sought to understand the wants and needs of older Americans. Read the report.