Transforming Care and Delivery
Our care directly affects our health and quality of life, now and as we grow older. This goal aims to establish person-centered, integrated models as the gold standard of care that all older adults come to expect and receive—regardless of whether they have Medicare only, or are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
Person-centered models of care are vital, particularly for older adults with complex needs. Person-centered care puts the person at the center of their health decision-making, and makes use of a team that considers the full range of needs for people, their caregivers and families. Person-centered care positively affects quality of care, efficiency of services, and health care costs.
Explore our work within this goal area:
- Journal article defining person-centered care
- The impact of person-centered care
- Do YOU give a care?
- Making the business case for person-centered care
- The Linkage Lab Initiative, preparing CBOs to partner with health care
- The Better Care Playbook
- Explore California’s Community of Constituents
- Evaluating Cal MediConnect
- Evaluating quality for coordinated care